Urgent & Emergency Care
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911. To reach Naval Hospital Jacksonville Emergency Care, call (904) 542-7341.
Naval Hospital Jacksonville offers the following services:
- Urgent Care
- Emergency Care
Urgent Care services treat non-life-threatening health issues that require immediate attention, such as sprains, the flu, colds, and other common illnesses.
If you’re unsure about whether you need urgent care, contact the Military Health System Nurse Advice Line to speak to a registered nurse. Visit MHSNurseAdviceLine.com
for web chat and video chat, or dial 1-800-TRICARE (874-2273).
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical situation (including mental health emergencies), call 911 immediately or visit Naval Hospital Jacksonville if it's your nearest hospital. Emergency care services treat life-threatening medical issues such as threats to your life, limbs, sight, or safety.
What is an emergency?
- A sudden, unexpected, acute medical condition or the worsening of a condition that poses a threat to life, limb or sight and requires immediate treatment.
- Naval Hospital Jacksonville Emergency Medicine serves patients with serious injuries or illnesses. Patients needing urgent or emergency care are seen immediately.
- Bleeding that won’t stop.
- Vomiting or coughing blood, or passing black stools.
- Severe pain in the chest, upper abdomen or down the arm.
- Heart stops beating or pulse is very faint.
- Difficult breathing or the presence of blue lips, face or nail beds.
- Severe headache such as with nausea, vomiting, fever or dizziness.
- Injuries from trauma such as from a fall or auto accident.
- Suicidal or homicidal feelings.
- Extensive burns, especially where skin is white or charred.
- Eye injuries such as from acids or other strong solutions.
- Seizures or convulsion that does not stop.
- Insect stings when the patient is known to have allergic reactions.
- Suspected poisoning.
- Numbness or paralysis on a part of the body.
- Fever of 103 degrees F or higher.
- Consciousness is altered or affected.