Influenza Vaccine Update
Flu season is upon us. We are concerned about your health and encourage everyone to get vaccinated annually against influenza.
It's critical that everyone who is able receives a flu vaccine. It's essential that active active duty service members, active duty family members and other beneficiaries are well-protected from influenza.
Please see the guidance below for getting the flu vaccine here at Naval Hospital Jacksonville.
Active Duty Service Members
We have flu shots available, and have conducted flu shot-exercises with commands.
Active duty and Guard / Reserve members are required to get the flu vaccine.
* Active Duty need to bring proof of immunization to Medical.
When you get a flu vaccine from anywhere besides Naval Hospital Jacksonville, follow your Service policy guidance for recording the vaccine in your shot record. You'll need the following information:
Families and Retirees
We have flu shots available.
- Families & Retirees can also get a flu shot at a TRICARE provider.
- Follow your TRICARE plan’s rules for getting care. You might have co-pays or cost-shares.
- To review your flu shot options:
* Age restrictions might apply. Please call ahead to the network pharmacy.
Our hospital's Immunizations Clinic (904-542-7810) is open for walk-ins:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, & Fridays
7:30 — 11 a.m. & 12:30 — 3:30 p.m.
9 — 11 a.m. & 12:30 — 3:30 p.m.
7:30 — 11 a.m. (non COVID-19)
12:30 — 3:30 p.m. (COVID-19 vaccines only)
Other Options for Getting the Flu Vaccine
If you’re unable to get the flu vaccine here, you can visit any participating network pharmacy or TRICARE-authorized (civilian) provider. Visit www.tricare.mil/flu to learn more.